Every Spring, Doppelmayr publishes a sweet book with pictures of and technical info for every installation the company completed worldwide in the prior year. Often called the Worldbook, this year’s edition features 106 projects on 189 fascinating pages with particular emphasis on the company’s next-generation platform called D-Line. Among the achievements realized by Doppelmayr and Garaventa in 2016:
- Construction of eight new D-Line lifts including the first with direct drive and the first with chairs instead of gondolas.
- A Garaventa tramway with the world’s largest cabins and the planet’s tallest lift towers across Ha Long Bay, Vietnam.
- One of the steepest aerial tramways ever built alongside a Norwegian fjord.
- The Giggijochbahn – a gondola with never-before-accomplished throughput of 4,500 skiers per hour at 6.5 m/s.
- The five-station first line of Mi Teleférico phase two in La Paz, Bolivia.
- The world’s only fully air-conditioned gondola system at the new Wynn Palace in Macau, a system which also makes five turns.
- A five-passenger detachable chairlift in South Korea serving tobogganers instead of skiers.
- The first ProTow, an innovative surface lift for mountain bike parks.
If you don’t happen to get the book in the mail as a Doppelmayr customer, luckily the company now publishes an online version of the Worldwide book for all to enjoy. The pictures alone are worth your time.