- Mission Ridge proposes constructing a fifth chairlift in Bowl Four.
- Powder King, BC goes up for sale with an asking price of $8.25 million.
- Poley Mountain rope evacuates its triple chair.
- Sommet Olympia’s new lift coming next winter to be named Apollo.
- Steamboat’s forthcoming high speed quad will be called Mahogany Ridge.
- Leaders of Deer Valley, Park City and Ski Utah will host a community forum on Monday.
- Searchmont completes its fleet renewal with all lifts open for the first time in three years.
- The groundbreaking Matterhorn Alpine Crossing 3S linking Switzerland and Italy will open July 1st.
Where did Steamboat decide to come up with the name Mahogany ridge from? Seems really random. Should of just kept Pioneer ridge because that’s what the area was already called.
Supposedly that’s what the area is actually named. Pioneer Ridge seems like a cover name that could fit with “full steam ahead”
I don’t know if was called mahogany ridge before this. Everyone would just call it Fish Creek, Center Field, Outer Outlaw, etc.
There’s quite a bit of mountain mahogany growing up there.
That new matterhorn 3S is going to be an absolute monster lift. I might have to take a Euro trip this summer!
Is there an actual PDF in the Mission Ridge link? I couldn’t get anything to download