Meadows – Snowmass, CO

img_9461
Lower station Poma Alpha drive.
img_9467
This lift re-used towers and chairs from the old Fanny Hill high speed quad.
img_9473
Arriving up top.
img_9475
Poma Z top terminal.
img_9476
Unloading ramp side view.
img_9479
Looking down the lift line.
img_9483
First section of the line.
img_9489
Drive station from above.

7 thoughts on “Meadows – Snowmass, CO

1. Duncan October 28, 2018 / 9:03 am

I wonder what the lift operators think when a full grown guy with a camera, no uniform, and no kid, shows up at a bunny hill lift, rides it once or twice, then leaves.

• Paul Manafort October 28, 2018 / 12:20 pm

I’m sure Peter makes a good impression wherever he goes.

• Duncan October 28, 2018 / 1:25 pm

Ha. And, uh, does Paul Manafort happen to be your real name?

• Max October 28, 2018 / 2:00 pm

As a lift operator, I wouldn’t have an issue with it. We see people with cameras all day long and as long as they are being safe/ attentive around the lift as well as being respectful to us and the people around them its fine by me, Like Paul said I’m sure Peter makes a good impression. Bunny hill lifties see a lot of crazy stuff anyways haha

• Ryan Murphy June 29, 2019 / 5:52 am

So I was at Alta the day Peter was taking photos of Supreme. Could tell it was him because the lift was new, no one else was crazy enough to ski Supreme Bowl that day because of how bad the snow was. But he wasn’t super noticeable other than that, and was really friendly when I introduced myself. Lift ops can also spot an expert riding a beginner lift, whatever the reason ends up being, and don’t really give you grief for it, although they might try and stick ski school with you.

2. Donald Reif June 29, 2019 / 8:17 am

This is one of those few FGQs where the profile is so shallow that you descend downhill a bit to come into the unload area.

3. Domenic H Policaro September 17, 2021 / 12:21 am

Open for summer you can toss your bike on it if your a beginner MTB