Summit Six Express – Ragged Mountain, NH

This lift was the first six-pack in New Hampshire and a big draw when it debuted.
Bottom terminal loading area.
Poma Omega drive.
View up the lift line.
Towers 1 and 2.
Return station up top.
Unloading ramp.
Top station seen from below.
View down the line.
Middle part of the line.
Lower lift line.
Bottom station overview.

14 thoughts on “Summit Six Express – Ragged Mountain, NH

1. Benjamin Edwards July 17, 2021 / 12:07 pm

What other NH resorts have six packs?

• BB17 July 17, 2021 / 1:45 pm

This is still the only six-pack in the state even though it was built 20 years ago. However, there will be an eight-pack in NH starting this season once Kanc 8 opens.

• Tyler Baroody December 12, 2022 / 2:36 pm

Not anymore. Today, December 12th, 2022, is a historic day for skiing in New Hampshire: it is the first day in history in which two sixpacks are operating in the state.

2. Tom White July 18, 2021 / 5:23 am

I remember speaking with a Ragged rep the year the HSS was built, at the Boston Ski Show. He said, it was only $60k more than a HSQ. They thought the publicity was worth it. So, Loon is getting the Kanc 8 this year. Waterville Valley is doing the concrete foundations this summer for building a HSS next summer.

• Tom White July 22, 2021 / 5:22 pm

I saw that on NESH. The discount on a canceled order and $60k more than a HSQ aren’t mutually exclusive. However, getting one at discount is certainly more noteworthy. But that’s my memory.

• Tyler Baroody December 9, 2022 / 6:28 pm

What was that ski area?

3. ThisSnowyKid December 1, 2021 / 3:19 pm

Why was it 20 years until another HSS installation started in NH? In my personal opinion Cannon deserves a HSS, being Peabody is starting to have a few more problems a bit more often, and Zoomer gets rather big lines and has the space at the bottom and top for Peabody to be moved to, albeit tree trimming probably would be neccessary on both lines, for zoomer is a triple and Ive managed to touch small branches with my skis riding up Peabody

• carletongebhardt December 1, 2021 / 3:57 pm

Being a state run ski area, I doubt you’ll see it anytime soon. The Tram seems to be the focus now, as that is a summer/fall money maker. I avoid holiday periods at Cannon, and rarely run into significant lines on weekends there. But I only ski there about five times a winter so maybe I am lucky….

• Myles Svec December 1, 2021 / 6:34 pm

I think he is referring to the one being built at Waterville Valley this summer.

• ThisSnowyKid December 2, 2021 / 6:06 am