Valley House – Sugarbush, VT

This Doppelmayr fixed-grip quad is one of three built at Sugarbush between 2015 and 2017.
View up the steep lift line.
The lower terminal is a Tristar model with loading carpet.
Bottom station adjacent to the old Valley House lodge.
Looking down the lift line.
Combo assemblies on tower 8.
View up the middle part of the line.
Lower lift line.
Top station overview.
Breakover towers.
View down from the unload point.
Side view of the top terminal.

6 thoughts on “Valley House – Sugarbush, VT

1. Teddy's Lift World February 19, 2020 / 10:09 am

The loading carpet on this lift broke recently so they’ve had to cover the carpet with snow and run it very slow. You should see how many fails happen because of how far the load point is from the gates. The carpet is definitely helpful. Between the slow speed and constant slows and stops, this lift has recently been taking about 11 minutes. I’d just rather wait in line for Super Bravo.

2. Sam Altavilla October 15, 2020 / 7:39 am

The top terminal model is called “Comet” – per Doppelmayr specs.

Also, anyone know the download capacity of this lift, if existent, because I find it very strange that the top terminal deck is set up for downloads (controls on outgoing side, stairs, etc) ?

• Teddy's Lift World October 15, 2020 / 10:05 am

I believe the idea behind the download ramp was to provide an alternative to Super Bravo for scenic rides if for some reason it went down although I don’t think it’s ever been used for this purpose. For a small cost relative to the whole lift, the download ramp makes sense just in case it is ever needed. While I don’t know the download capacity I can imagine that it’s pretty low.

• Sam Altavilla October 16, 2020 / 3:23 pm

I did my homework and it turns out that this lift has a 25 percent download capacity which means that 25% of all downhill carriers can be loaded. There are 131 chairs, which means about 64 of them on the light side. 1/4 of that is 16 which means that a total of 16 carriers can be fully loaded for downhill loading at a time.

That’s not too impressive, and I can conclude that this lift was clearly not designed for downhill loading in particular, but still retains the option if they ever were to exercise it.

3. Utah Powder Skier October 15, 2020 / 11:45 am

Why do most detachables have downloading capacity when most fix grips do not?

• Somebody October 15, 2020 / 10:29 pm

If I had to guess, weight. Remember that detachables have half as many chairs.