Sunrise – Park City, UT

Lift line overview.
Looking up the line.
Bottom tension station.
Another view of the tension station.
View down the line.
Upper lift line.
Top drive station.
Advertisements

18 thoughts on “Sunrise – Park City, UT

1. ACAAllertor April 19, 2017 / 9:26 am

The Lift has safety bars in a video of the Lift, Did they add them to the chairs?

• Peter Landsman April 19, 2017 / 9:28 am

Vail Resorts puts bars on all lifts they acquire along with fall protection on all ladders and a host of other risk management type items.

• ACAAllertor April 22, 2017 / 5:40 pm

But the video was before vail resorts acquired and the two areas merged.

• Peter Landsman April 22, 2017 / 7:37 pm

Not sure what video you are referring to but remember Vail started operating Canyons in 2013, a year and a half before they bought Park City. I looked back through my pictures and there were no safety bars in 2010-11 but were in 2014-15. Before both of those the lift had quad chairs with bars. Go figure!

• AvocadoAndy June 3, 2019 / 11:34 pm

I’ve noticed that on some CTEC installations they have small mounting brackets on the backrest of the chairs. I don’t know if all of them have this but in this instance it would make it a lot easier for Park City to just put them on.

2. ACAAllertor April 22, 2017 / 8:16 pm

Here’s the video, you can see the bars and they also have footrests? Wonder where they got the bars from since they discontinued those CTEC Chair styles by then when they Out them on.

• Peter Landsman April 22, 2017 / 8:35 pm

Yep, that was post-Vail, pre-merger. Town lift also got bars in 2015. I would guess Doppelmayr fabricated new ones for their best customer. Skytrac is also just down the road with CTEC heritage.

• themav March 3, 2019 / 12:11 am

Town lift had bars prior to 2015, but only during the summer months. I remember being specifically told by a PCMR employee circa 2010 that they were pulled off for winter. Additionally, they only had chair cushions on half of the chairs during the summer. (I may be able to find a picture if anyone’s interested) The other half of the chairs were used for mountain bike haul. Now, town lift has bars year round, and no longer does summer mountain bike haul. Last time I skied Park City (it was in 2019) I didn’t take a close look at Town, but I would guess that Vail/PCMR re-used (some of) the bars they had from summer operation.
          Another fun fact about Town, is that they have downloading in the winter now too.

I am more interested in who fabricated bars for the Jupiter and Thaynes lifts. Those are YAN chairs, but I’m sure Dopplemayr could’ve come up with a design for them.

3. Charlie May 14, 2018 / 7:14 am

Why did they downgrade it from a quad

• Cooper May 14, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Because not too many people ride the lift. And reduce stress on the rope.

4. Tyler February 23, 2019 / 6:04 pm

This lift began life as Red Hawk, starting from the Wolf Mountain parking lot and ending around where it ends now. Then it was shortened when American Skiing Company started building the village around 1998, both times as a quad with footrests as I recall, back in the glory days before ASC ran out of money. Then it was moved to its current alignment, a few hundred yards south of the old one, and renamed Sunrise, now hardly operating. I think it was converted to a double after it was relocated, not at the same time.

• reaperskier May 23, 2019 / 5:49 am

I think it will have to be converted back to a quad once over and out is operating.

• themav June 3, 2019 / 11:11 pm

One thing weird about this lift is that it has restraint bars with footrests, something that only a handful of other lifts at the Canyons side of the resort have.

• Donald Reif June 4, 2019 / 12:59 pm

The only other two that do are Dreamscape and Orange Bubble.

• Donald Reif June 4, 2019 / 1:02 pm

Won’t Over and Out be one-way (Tombstone back to Canyons base)?