2022 New Lifts

This is a list of new lifts likely to be built in North America during the 2022 construction season.  Last updated 9/30/2020.

Blue = Doppelmayr
Yellow = Leitner-Poma
Green = Skytrac
Brown = MND Ropeways
Purple = Partek
Orange = SkyTrans
Gray = Re-installations (used lifts)
Red = To be announced

ATW = Aerial Tramway
CL = Chairlift
G = Gondola
SL = Surface lift
D = Detachable
F = Fixed grip
M = Monocable
P = Pulse
J = Jigback

8 thoughts on “2022 New Lifts

• Myles Svec August 18, 2020 / 4:05 pm

I wonder when powder monkey will be coming

• kadenisthegamer August 19, 2020 / 12:34 pm

I think it’s going to stay the same Thiokol triple, but there may be a plan to bring back Hawthorne as an intermediate ski area with a 6 pack chairlift.

• Gavin August 31, 2020 / 8:10 pm

A six pack may be overkill, unless they can cut more than the two trails that were originally there. In my opinion, I hope they put more investment in the Western territory, which already has a lift and is pretty underutilized.

• KadenIsTheGamer September 3, 2020 / 6:54 pm

Maybe A Doppelmayr Fixed Grip Quad Instead

1. skitheeast October 19, 2020 / 7:17 pm

Merrill Hill will be a fixed-grip triple or quad. There is a rumor of them moving either White Cap or Aurora over and then replacing one of those two respective lifts with a detachable quad, but I am not sure of its validity.

2. Harris November 10, 2020 / 4:36 pm

Curious on the West Mountain Express shown as a CLD at Sugarloaf. I see there is a CLD-6 for the West Mountain slated for 2021. Their plan shows a shortening of west mountain. I think I assumed they would just take the current lift and move the top terminal to midstation. Seems unlikely a detach would go there. Though more condos will be built on the skiers right of West Mountain this would be a high-speed lift serving one trail for ski-in-ski-out mostly.

• Peter Landsman November 10, 2020 / 4:43 pm

I meant to move the new lift from the 2021 list to 2022 after hearing Karl Strand on a podcast. Unlikely the current West Mountain lift will be replaced any time soon. It’s going to be awhile before we have clarity on many 2021 projects, let alone 2022.