Jordanelle Express Gondola – Deer Valley, UT

Top terminal building.
Bottom terminal building.
Inside the bottom station.
View into cabin storage.
Building within a building.
Leaving the bottom.
View up the line.
Upper lift line.
Inside the top terminal.

10 thoughts on “Jordanelle Express Gondola – Deer Valley, UT

1. slowpoke May 20, 2018 / 9:29 am

I’m pretty sure that the gondola only fits 4 people

• Teddy Hubbell May 21, 2018 / 4:37 am

No, they’re Gangloff 6 passenger cabins. If you look at the picture you can see the 3 sections on the seat.

• Max Hart May 21, 2018 / 5:23 am

However, I think Dear Valley only allows four people per cabin.

• slowpoke May 24, 2018 / 2:29 pm

You could be right that it fits 6 but because in functions as a four-person gondola it should be marked as that. Also, do you know why they only allow 4 people besides the fact there are only 4 ski slots?

• AM December 1, 2018 / 7:31 pm

It is part of their effort to limit overcrowding on the trails and at the resort.

• snowbasinlocal12894 December 1, 2018 / 8:31 pm

It could be that the gondola only serves a small pod. Im sure they got gangloff six person cabins and only 4 people are allowed in one cabin. Deer valley must of bought the cabins with the intent of only letting 4 people in 6 person cabins for more space for guests. Probably why the skis racks together can only haul 4 skis on one cabin.

2. Tyler February 18, 2020 / 8:10 am

This is a real estate and small parking lot access lift that hardly sees any traffic. Mostly employees commuting from Heber in the morning. The cabins are the 6-place model but the seat cushions inside indicate 4 seats.

Since these pictures were taken, you now enter the building from where the “keep out” sign is in picture 2 above, through the open end of the terminal building.

3. Bob Schneider October 17, 2021 / 10:49 am

I was thinking of renting a place for a month in Heber City and using this lift as my starting point for skiing .
    Is there parking available? Is this a good plan or not so good?
    I just want to ski and be close by without paying a fortune.

• Carson October 17, 2021 / 11:23 am

It can be a good spot depending on when you get there, the parking lot is fairly little, the only issue is you haft to go get your pass at a different base area

• Ryan King October 24, 2021 / 9:37 pm

Bob! I ski deer valley quite frequently and come from the town of Provo which means I come right through Heber. I think renting a place in heber and starting your day here is a great idea. Parking shouldn’t be an issue on weekdays, but I’d get there around 8:30am or earlier on weekends. I’ve been starting my day at the gondola since I was like 7 though and it’s kind of a good little secret. You can avoid the traffic in and out of park city.