Wildcat – Snowbasin, UT

Top terminal with Doppelmayr enclosure.
Bottom station and lift line.
Top terminal and new lift shack.
View down the line.
Looking up the line.
Bottom station and counterweight.
Advertisements

11 thoughts on “Wildcat – Snowbasin, UT

1. Zach Roeber February 11, 2017 / 10:32 pm

The movie “Frozen” was filmed on this lift.

2. carson June 18, 2017 / 2:56 pm

lame just LAME! There getting rid of a classic thoinkal LIFT. I don`t get why they did not sale wildcat…When I went to go say good bye to wildcat.. I asked how much a chair was… The chairs sold for $125.00 per chair… When I bought a summit chair from solitude it costed $600.00 for a double! I don`t get why they do not sale any ctec and thoinkals. Like when they removed majestic it sold to big sky, and that lift was old dating back to 1955. That is just cheep If I had the land and money I would buy them but i don`t have much money.I hope I can get something from wildcat.

• Cameron Halmrast June 18, 2017 / 3:10 pm

Hey Carson, Majestic was never really sold to Big Sky. Boyne the parent of both resorts just relocated it.

• Ryan June 20, 2017 / 11:31 pm

I’m heartbroken over the removal and scrapping of Wildcat as well, but it was over 40 years old.

3. Collin Parsons October 13, 2017 / 7:27 pm

Unfortunately Thiokol and early CTEC lifts are very rare and no ski area really wants them used because they are difficult to get parts for. There are hundreds of Riblet center pole doubles out there and a lot of spare parts have been salvaged from retired lifts, so it makes them easier to maintain.

• Cameron Halmrast October 14, 2017 / 7:35 pm

Riblet also designed its lifts using a lot of parts that could be picked up at your local NAPA store if need be. No need to spend $500 for a part you can get at NAPA for $15.

4. snowbasinlocal12894 November 3, 2018 / 8:02 pm

Does anyone know what the small wood shack is next to the top drive station. It looks like it was removed when the new high speed six was being installed because it got in the way when SB was installing the top lift shack for the new CLD-6.

5. Carson November 4, 2018 / 11:06 am

Probably for hydroelectric drive or backup generator

• Ryan July 20, 2019 / 10:51 pm

Naah. The backup drive was a Ford flat-6 engine up top. I believe there were some extra ski patrol supplies stored in that little enclosure you were referring to.