New Blog about Lifts

There is no shortage of interest and information about ski lifts on the internet.
Skilifts.org, chairlift.org, lift-world.info and remontees-mecaniques.net are some of the best sites.  But as far as I know, no one has attempted to create a frequently updated blog about what’s going on in the lift world.

I am going to try.  My name is Peter Landsman and I work in the lift operations department at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.  But long before I started working in the industry, I was a skier and lift nut.  Over the last 15 years I created a database with statistics and pictures of every ski lift in North America.

My plan is to write longer form posts that fit more logically on a blog than a forum.  Please add your comments, contact me with ideas, or write a guest post and let’s see where this goes.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “New Blog about Lifts

1. Kai Glidden June 6, 2018 / 9:13 am

Love this site so much! I check it almost daily. But one question Peter, do you really have stats and pictures from every ski area in North America?

• Thomas Jett June 6, 2018 / 10:51 am

He doesn’t. There’s a lot of resorts that he still doesn’t have. One example that comes to mind is June Mountain, CA. He’s also missing the vast majority of the East Coast resorts.

• Kai Glidden June 6, 2018 / 11:52 am

Yeah that’s what I thought… but doesn’t he claim to have them all?

• Peter Landsman June 6, 2018 / 12:04 pm

I have stats compiled for all of them. Still have a lot of pictures to take.

• Kai Glidden June 6, 2018 / 12:04 pm

Do you not post the stats until you have photos?

• Cooper June 8, 2018 / 3:25 pm

Kai, I dont think so. If you look at Utah’s cherry peak there is a chairlift with no pictures but has stats.

• Cooper June 8, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Acutally no its kind of random.