The 2015 Doppelmayr Worldbook is out! It’s 150 pages of statistics and pictures of the 83 lifts Doppelmayr and Garaventa built last year. The book comes out every spring and the last seven of them are available online.
Some of the projects I found interesting:
- Universal Studios’ Hogwarts Express, a modern funicular designed to look like a train from Harry Potter.
- Oakland’s airport connector which is the first Doppelmayr CableLiner Shuttle to have multiple haul ropes and detachable cars. $484 million buys a pretty cool train.
- Three gondolas in China including one to the Great Wall with heated seats.
- The world’s longest chondola at Beaver Creek (
also the first with 10 passenger cabins.)
- World’s tallest 3S gondola in Ischgl, Austria.
- A two-section system in Greece which runs as a gondola at the bottom and chondola at the top with every 4th cabin making the entire trip.