- Snowbird granted unanimous approval to build two chairlifts, a new gondola and upgrade the Mineral Basin Express. A zip line will share towers with the gondola in Mary Ellen Gulch.
- Boyne Resorts buys 77 acres on Snoqualmie Pass for an improved connection between Summit Central and Summit West that could someday include a new chairlift.
- Okemo Mountain Resort files for permit to build a fixed-grip beginner quad chair at Jackson Gore.
- In other Snowbird news, the two-month project to replace the Aerial Tram’s track ropes begins April 18th.
- Big Snow America is the latest incarnation of the snow dome at New Jersey’s Meadowlands hoping to be the United States’ first indoor ski slope. The latest plan pegs an opening next year. Doppelmayr CTEC completed two lifts for the project – a quad chair and a platter – back in 2008 that have yet to carry any skiers.