- Group eyes gondolas for Miami.
- Alaska’s upcoming new ski resort gets a name: Skeetawk.
- Doppelmayr joins Facebook.
- Italian snowmaking powerhouse Technoalpin enters the ski lift fray with a T-Bar in Turkey.
- Lookout Pass says 14 new runs will be cut this summer but new lifts will wait until 2019.
- Durango, Colorado advances plan to replace rope tows on Chapman Hill with a carpet and triple chair.
- Two of Hunter Mountain’s three summit lifts are down for the third day in a row.
- This week’s rope evacuation stories come from Blue Mountain (2000 Poma six-pack) and Giants Ridge (2017 Skytrac quad.)
That T bar looks like a it was built by the now defunct Gaffer
“Line design and supply of key equipment was done by Graffer (Italian company) supply of steel structures, electrical components, civil works and installation by Technoalpin.”
It has a Skytrans triple. The sheave wheels (not rockers) are from Poma, and the chair bails (not hangars) are from the old Summut Triple at Gunstock, NH.