- Luckily Manning Park Resort was in on letting pro mountain bikers pretend to break into and operate one of their lifts.
- When chairs can’t spin because there’s no one to staff them.
- BMF opens its sightseeing aerial tramway in Puebla. Its 35-passenger cabins were manufactured in Austria by Carvatech.
- 12 year-old boy falls out of a chair at Wachusett, avoids serious injury.
- Snowboarder accuses skier of shoving him off Aspen Highlands’ Loge Peak lift mid-ride in a story that goes viral. Just one day later, the Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office thinks they’ve identified a suspect.
- Doppelmayr is building an 8-passenger gondola this spring at the Oakland Zoo to serve a $62 million expansion called California Trail. The lift will have 7 towers, 15 cabins and open in late 2017. The zoo will continue to operate its Safari Sky Ride triple chair that was built by SkyTrans.
- DCC (Doppelmayr Cable Car) wins a $24 million contract to build its 10th cable-propelled automated people mover in underground tunnels at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport.