- Doppelmayr’s latest Wir Magazine has lots on D-Line.
- Vail Resorts looks far and wide for its next acquisition with eyes towards Canada and Japan.
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows enters strategic alliance with Genting Secret Garden, one of China’s newest ski resorts with a 6/8 chondola and two bubble high speed quads.
- Great Divide, Montana is buying a new drive terminal for its Good Luck double.
- Jay Peak receiver calls the resort’s financial situation “dire” as he reveals the resort lost $6.2 million last winter and looks for cost savings.
- Queenstown’s Skyline Gondola will be replaced with a $60 million 10-passemger version in 2018. The current 4-place Doppelmayr gondola debuted in 1987.
- The game-changing Leitner 3S gondola to the Stubai Glacier will open July 9th.
I’ve actually been on the current tram that the 3S pictured in the first video will replace. I am really surprised it will have another tower near the end, as looking at the current line that idea is laughable.