- Skytrac begins construction on two new quad chairs at a new Rainforest Adventures park in St. Maarten.
- The old Casper triple from Jackson Hole won’t debut at Magic Mountain in time for this winter.
- New York hedge fund buys 13 ski resorts from CNL Lifestyle Properties, Enterainment Properties Trust takes Northstar.
- Saddleback Mountain Foundation agrees to purchase Saddleback for $6 million if it can raise enough money.
- Seattle real estate developer buys Silver Mountain.
- Steamboat’s local paper previews the Elkhead Express.
- First cabins fly on the Dominican Republic’s new urban gondola system.
- Doppelmayr’s latest Wir magazine is available.
- Some splice advice from Mountain Wire Rope Services.
- The Black Hawk finds new civilian life with Timberline Helicopters building lifts.
- Powder Mountain makes new lifts official, will become largest ski resort in the United States.
Glad you’re back Peter! Big Sky soon?
I’m on my way to Jackson, where I’m told cabins were launched today. Update from Big Sky to follow.
Awesome! can’t wait to see them!
I have some Big Sky pics from this weekend if you’re interested. If you head up there swing into town center and check out the display chair.
Interesting that Vail didn’t acquire Northstar’s assets.
Vail doesn’t have all of the assets at the resorts where it runs operations.
Great article on the Blackhawk-thanks for posting.
P.S. How was the trip?
The trip was once in a lifetime! I enjoyed getting the Grand Canyon guide community’s take on the Escalade gondola proposal and got pictures of the site. 17 days without the internet was not a total loss!