- Both Mountain Capital Partners and the owners of Silverton Mountain are interested in turning Colorado’s Kendall Mountain into larger resort with more lifts.
- Ariel Quiros pleads guilty to three felonies related to his ownership of Burke Mountain and Jay Peak.
- Separately, an employee is accused of embezzling more than $125,000 from Jay.
- Sunlight pauses financial planning for the new East Ridge lift, which remains under Forest Service review.
- Another lost ski area gets on the road to reopening: Paul Bunyan near Lakewood, Wisconsin.
- There’s more trouble at Spirit Mountain as two top executives resign.
- Arctic Valley secures a new 20 year lease to operate in the mountains above Anchorage.
- The home of Big Snow remains in big financial trouble.
- One year since the Sea to Sky Gondola haul rope was brazenly cut, the culprit(s) still have not been caught.
- Aspen Skiing Company makes tough cuts to benefits and compensation for year round employees.
- It turns out Soldier Mountain sold to a new owner just one day before last week’s fire.
- You’ve heard of a chair sale but how about a T sale?
- Titans of industry Win Smith and Bill Jensen end their runs atop Sugarbush and Telluride, respectively.
- Glenwood Caverns temporarily closes to conduct fire mitigation.
$1,000 seems expensive for a T…..
yeah exactly, hard to relax on a t-bar in your backyard
It could work as a ceiling decorations.
I’ve been watching the Kendall mountain improvements closely and although I’m disappointed that they aren’t going with the biggest expansion plan of 800 acres and 3,800 vertical ft. It makes sense.
Regarding the culprits of the sea to sky gondola issue, you would think they would have some sort of camera surveillance for at least the bottom and top terminals. I’m not sure where the rope was cut but I would think they’d at least have some clue what happened.
I believe from the initial report that the culprits climbed a tower near the top drive terminal and cut the line from there. They probably only have a camera at the actual top terminal and the culprits could have hiked in from anywhere unfortunately. At this point they are probably hoping they will brag/confess to someone who will turn them in.