- Eaglecrest secures a $10 million investment to install a used pulse gondola.
- Ex-Netflix CEO Reed Hastings acquires a minority stake in Powder Mountain, looks to fund lift improvements.
- Whistler Blackcomb will auction quad chairs from Big Red and Fitzsimmons.
- The Forest Service lists a new proposal by Alterra to connect Big Bear and Snow Summit with two new lifts.
- Vail Resorts reports successful season results with skier visits up 6.1 percent with ski school, dining and retail/rental revenue all up as well.
- Doppelmayr’s 2023 yearbook is out. Poma’s too.
Poor Pow Mow. I hope it doesn’t get any more lifts or upgrades. It really peaked in the early 00’s before Hidden Lake Express and before they started charging for Lightning Ridge.
Interesting they still have Red Chairs to sell, I remember picking mine up last June and it looked like they had sold all of them
Doppelmayr’s marketing department never fails to impress me. Whether it’s their beautiful youtube videos with soundtracks that have no business being as good as they are, to their very Apple ‘esk yearbook and new logo/website, you’d think they are a tech company from Silicon Valley, not a ski lift manufacturer from the Austrian Alps
Well, they are just as much an American company as they are Austrian! Why not do things with style.
It would be good to finally get Big Bear and Snow Summit connected. Beyond the branding/marketing synergies, it also helps better distribute skiers across all of their terrain.
Can you still buy a real copy of Doppelmayr/Poma’s yearbook? I would love to get one.