- Colorado posts its second best season with nearly 12 million skier days. Vermont was up 21 percent year-over-year and New Hampshire went +30 percent.
- Valemount opening pushes back to 2019-2020.
- Rumors swirl of possible lift surveys at Saddleback.
- Doppelmayr Cable Car and Transport for London extend operations & maintenance contract for the Emirates Air Line for another five years.
- The government of Venezuela owes Garaventa $14.5 million!
- Belleayre’s Catskill Thunder Gondola will be a Doppelmayr opening this December.
- Partek’s only 2017 project is underway at Mt. Peter.
- Peak Resorts plans to spend $9 million to expand Hunter Mountain and add a new high-speed chairlift in 2018.
- Arapahoe Basin and Sugarloaf prove even relatively small lift projects make for interesting off-season reading.
- Vermont’s defunct Maple Valley is for sale along with three Hall lifts for $950,000.
- Val Gardena, Italy is the launch customer for Sigma’s innovative Symphony 10 gondola cabin and the new Leitner station.
- Could North Korea’s ski resort with counterfeit and relocated Doppelmayr lifts host Olympic skiing?
- Doppelmayr removes Wildcat at Snowbasin to make way for Utah’s first six-pack outside of Park City. Thanks @ozskier for the photos!
I’m going to say Doppelmayr/Garaventa won’t ever see the 14.5 million that’s owed to them from Venezuela based on the financial meltdown happening in that country.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Scary thing is they will probably never see another spare part either.
Breaks my heart to see Wildcat like that :( RIP. I need a drink :(
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sad to see Wildcat go. Those people’s names in the counterweight must of worked hard to build the lift. They had to winch up towers instead of using a helicopter like in the modern days. Cannot wait for the resorts and Utah’s first six pack though. Besides Park city having a ton of them.
Jeeze a Gondola cable snapping and now falling from a skyride?
Reports of the rope snapping in Gulmarg were incorrect: hindustantimes.com/india-news/five-including-4-tourists-from-delhi-killed-as-tree-falls-on-cable-car-rope-in-kashmir-s-gulmarg/story-nQ4Mget7hMx7PfZ6jqofRO.html
When I was mountain biking at Snowbasin I looked at Wildcat getting dismantled. The new Wildcat bottom station foundation holes were to the right of the old Wildcat station. I also heard they are thinking of putting a loading carpet in too. Or at least some queuing gates.