- Berkshire Bank seeks to foreclose on the Hermitage Club, saying the private ski area owes $16.6 million on $17.1 million in loans taken out between 2014 and 2017.
- Hunter Mountain apologizes to season pass holders and explains in detail why two of its lifts went down for much of Presidents’ Week.
- Mt. Snow’s Bluebird Express is down with a damaged gearbox.
- Similar story for Cypress Mountain’s Lions Express, which reopened on Tuesday.
- Harmony at Whistler also went down for much of last week..
- Big Sky’s Six Shooter was rope evacuated last week, sparking an interesting conversation about why that lift turns a few degrees.
- HeliOps profiles Brian Jorgenson of Timberline Helicopters, who explains why even at $1.50 per second, the UH-60 Black Hawk has become the gold standard for western ski lift missions.
- The largest urban gondola system in North America will open this May in Santo Domingo, capital of the Dominican Republic.
- Boston’s proposed Seaport gondola has a new route.
- A conference center in Wisconsin called Forest Springs plans to expand its ski area with a new chairlift.
- Silver Star’s new gondola is on track for a rare July opening with the top terminal and all foundations complete.
Bye Bye Hermitage Club.
Kudos to Hunter Mtn for providing the detailed explanation for the dual lift failures. It happens…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Any Idea if the Hermitage club could be getting sold? This situation reminds me Of SP and Moonlight in Montana.
I’ve heard that a group of members wants to take over the club.
An article on NewEnglandSkiHistory said there were reports of a member coup as well as sex discrimination accusations. It’s a total dumpster fire and will be shut down shortly.
Killington just announced bubble six on Snowdon!
I’m just going to say I called it back in January
Also the old Snowdon quad is going to be the new South ridge quad, they are replacing the haul rope on K1 and buying new Sigma cabins, and moving the Snowdon poma to Ramshead! Talk about an announcement!
How long are haul ropes good for?