- Telluride opens the 6,000 foot long, 2,000′ vertical Plunge Express.
- Palisades Tahoe seeks approval for a second Base to Base Gondola cabin parking facility in Olympic Valley.
- Greek Peak rope evacuates Chair 2.
- Silverton Mountain plans to install a second used chairlift as soon as this summer.
- Whitefish reopens the Snow Ghost Express after additional mechanic training.
- New Hampshire’s Governor suggests Cannon Mountain consider a gondola rather than an expensive new tram.
- Arapahoe Basin explains why it switched from Epic to Ikon.
- A new Doppelmayr fixed grip quad will debut at Tremblant next year as part of a real estate development.
- Bretton Woods closes the Zephyr Express until further notice due to a mechanical problem.
- Aspen Skiing Company launches a Snowmass master plan website.
- Clearwater, British Columbia won’t open this season due to lack of snow.
- This profile offers a behind the scenes look at lift operations at Sunshine Village.
- I snapped a few photos of Mayflower construction progress today.
I park over at the Jordannelle gondola every time I go to Deer Valley and I don’t ever see any kind of progress going on.
Really hope Cannon doesn’t go with a gondola. The tram is not ideal for skiing, but isn’t meant to be either. It is an iconic tourist attraction and it would be a big mistake not to keep it that way.
I’m all for a 3S gondola as its the best of both worlds. More frequency, better wind stability, still looks like a tram. Not sure why they aren’t floating this idea anywhere.
Whatever they end up doing, lets hope they run it 7 days a week during ski season!
There’s only a few runs that the Tram services, two of those are natural snow only and infrequently open. But I would still like a lift that is open more often. Before Covid the Tram only ran Friday-Monday. During Covid it was weekends only, and this year it is still only Friday-Sunday. Whereas in summer it runs 7 days a week.
In response to a Facebook post yesterday, Cannon is saying that the reason they are not running a number of key lifts this year is staffing….
The Tremblant link seems to be 404 dead