- Montana Snowbowl apologizes for the lift incident earlier this month and notes the lift remains closed pending modification of tower 1.
- Big Sky’s new 75 passenger tram will charge by the ride next winter.
- Snowbird says a gondola could help during future interlodge snow closures.
- The parent company of the Banff Gondola wants to build a similar attraction in Northwest Montana but gets a chilly reception from the Forest Service.
- Doppelmayr Canada is hiring lift installers for projects across the country.
- Construction begins on the new Fitzsimmons 8 at Whistler as well as Superbowl at Boyne Mountain.
- Revelstoke holds a public information session and identifies its top 3 lift priorities.
- Buck Hill announces its oldest lift will be replaced with a Doppelmayr quad this summer.
- The Forest Service approves Copper Mountain’s planned replacement of Timberline Express with a six person chairlift.
- Les Otten says the first phase of The Balsams would be four lifts including a gondola and bubble chair.
Thanks for highlighting that Doppelmayr Canada is hiring ski lift installer
Cool video showcasing the installation of ski lift equipment. Have never seen clips like this before!
I like the idea of additional high alpine chairs at Revelstoke but that area is pretty south facing and has been cooked 2 of 3 times I’ve been. Call me cautiously optimistic.
Glad I read you. Woke up in Missoula and changed my mind on Snowbowl, hit Discovery instead and had a blasr
Nice place isn’t it? Reminds me of a traditional 1980s mountain without any of the high speed hub dub.
Fitzsimmons’ lower terminal is visible from Whistler’s village webcam which I’ve attached below if anyone wants to use it to check progress throughout the coming months. https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the-mountain/mountain-conditions/mountain-cams.aspx
The timeline on the Fitzsimmons permit docs from RMOW has the haul rope and carriers going on as early as Aug 1 – are they trying to open it in the fall for biking? Their hours say the only way to access that bike terrain is from creekside in September… which makes no sense.