- Snowbasin will test solar-powered USB charging bars in five of its gondola cabins in partnership with Goal Zero.
- Mt. Waterman in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Mountains reopens this weekend with 3 Riblet doubles operating for the first time in five years. The mountain will honor all tickets and passes sold since 2011!
- Two years after his 6-year old daughter fell from a chair, a New Jersey man sues Campgaw Mountain and the town/county it’s located in for “careless and reckless” operation of a ski lift.
- Sugarloaf just can’t catch a break. A power failure shut down most of its lifts for hours on their first Saturday with snow.
- Did you know Doppelmayr operates a zoo with more than 400 animals at its headquarters in Wolfurt?
- Speaking of Doppelmayr, their interactive installation map now displays 24 world record-breaking ropeways (click the red button on the bottom left.)
- Somebody had to do it. Spirit Mountain, Minnesota becomes the first to offer lift-served, downhill fat biking starting Sunday.
- Whistler Village Gondola cabin #84 returns to its roots in the Alps as The Coffee Gondola.
- What appears to be a Doppelmayr quad chair rolls back in China, screaming ensues.