- Owing $3.8 million to creditors, Deer Mountain, SD to be sold to the highest bidder in a sheriff’s sale today. The mountain has two Riblet chairlifts.
- Curbed counts down 11 gondolas changing the way people move through cities.
- Steamboat sells off triple chairs from Four Points in 28 minutes (the lift got new Doppelmayr ones in 2012.)
- Taos offloads 200 chairs from lifts 5 and 6 for $200 each with proceeds going to hurricane relief. As of this writing, 37 remain.
- Leitner Ropeways’ new gondola at the world’s largest hotel transported 3.5 million passengers in its first eight months.
- Aspen Mountain installs Bluetooth speakers in Silver Queen Gondola cabins.
- China Peak completes its first quad chair, the old Elkhead from Steamboat.
- The Burnaby Mountain Gondola is back on the table.
- Leitner-Poma of America inks contract to build a US$7.1 million high-speed quad at Falls Creek in Australia.
- Vail Resorts launches interactive website with lift downtime and wait time data for last season at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Park City.
- Belleayre’s gondola cabins arrive from across the pond. Unfortunately, the name of the lift is spelled wrong on all of them.
- Ski Magazine predicts the KSL-Aspen duo will benefit skiers with a second Epic-style season pass and major resort upgrades.
- Skytrac and Timberline Helicopters fly towers for the new East Rim lift at Whitefish. Thanks Buzz D. for these cool photos.
wont that Bluetooth speakers controlled by passengers be obnoxious? what if everyone keeps switching the song? or a teenager plays profane music when their are kids in the cabin? Seems like a risky move but i could be wrong.
I’m assuming there’s probably one speaker per cabin.
The winning bidder at the one minute sheriff’s sale of Deer Mountain was an LLC called Milan Investment Club, offering $1 more than the opening bid. The current ownership group still gets one year to pay up before losing the property. Sad situation but at least there was a bidder.
The epic time map is fascinating.
Dec 10, a Saturday and a day after a 9″ snow at Keystone, when the back didn’t have the base to open, Montezuma had an extended period of 25 to 30+ minute lift lines! Wow. 6-pack won’t help *that* much.