- The West Virginia Timberline may be sold out of bankruptcy to an LLC offering $2.5 million.
- A Quebec resort is ordered to pay out six figures after leaving a guest stranded on a lift.
- Steamboat’s new gondola haul rope is spliced.
- Doppelmayr becomes a billion dollar company by annual revenue, up 10.5 percent from last year.
- Manning Park narrows the names for its new quad down to four and wants your help choosing one.
- A very long stop and near evacuation makes the local newspaper in Sun Valley.
- Another first is brewing in Europe: a gondola with cabin doors on two sides.
- Indy Pass adds eight more resorts.
- Eastlink Park in Alberta is adding a used Mueller T-Bar for this winter.
- ‘Qualified and reputable’ investors have expressed interest in the Hermitage Club assets in recent weeks.
- There are now four alternatives for possible Snow King Mountain expansion.
- Wired looks into the failures of both urban gondolas in Rio de Janeiro.
- Attitash assures skiers its Summit Triple is finally fixed after last year’s extended closures.
- Revelstoke receives a shipment of 22 new gondola cabins.
- Cooper releases the trail map for its Tennessee Creek Basin expansion and Little Horse T-Bar.
- The Orlando Sentinel hosts a half hour podcast all about the Disney Skyliner.
- Mont St. Sauveur’s new heated seat chairlift will be named Sommet Express.
I’m glad that another small Alberta ski area is expanding their lift system! Here is a picture of the Mueller T-Bar. Any idea where it came from?
Likely Kinosoo Ridge, which replaced its T-Bar with a Doppelmayr quad a few years back.
Peter, thanks for clarifying. There are still quite a few Chairlift served ski areas in Alberta (that’s where I’m from) that are not on Liftblog yet. However, there is an old website that has some pictures.
Here are the rest of the Chairlift served Alberta ski areas:
Canyon Resort – 2 Mueller Chairlifts, M-Latta T-Bar,
Hidden Valley – Doppelmayr Quad
Kinossoo Ridge – Doppelmayr Quad & Triple,
Silver Summit – M-Latta double,
Misery Mountain – Riblet Quad,
Nitehawk – Yan Triple,
Rabbit Hill – Hall Triple,
Vista Ridge – 2 LP quads,
Whispering pines – Doppelmayr CTEC triple.
The quad at hidden valley is actually a BM Lifts quad, not a doppelmayr.