- Sipapu is threatened by New Mexico’s largest-ever wildfire.
- Other New Mexico ski areas postpone summer operations due to National Forest closures.
- Blue Mountain, Pennsylvania has 247 double chairs for sale.
- Ditto for Cascade Mountain, Wisconsin.
- Steamboat will auction chairs from Christie III along with retired gondola cabins next week.
- Heavenly’s rescheduled North Bowl chair sale will take place June 3-4.
- Aspen Snowmass forges the Silver Queen Gondola’s old haul rope into anniversary tokens.
- Snowbird provides a tram modernization project update.
- Park City won’t issue a building permit for Park City Mountain’s new lifts until at least June 8th, when an appeal will be heard. Vail Resorts tells me it still intends to complete the projects ahead of the 2022-23 season.
- Stowe also remains committed to replacing the Mountain triple this summer despite approval still pending.
- The Caribbean island of Dominica plans to build one of the world’s longest gondolas from a cruise port to a mountain lake.
- Tenney Mountain’s new owner plans to reopen next season.
- Beartooth Basin won’t open this year due to low snow.
- Kimberley and Leitner-Poma work to get the Northstar Express back operational 5 months after being idled by arson.
- The Sierra-at-Tahoe rebuild may include new lifts.
- New York’s Cockaigne won’t operate this summer and is listed for sale.
- Big Sky and Garaventa begin building Lone Peak Tram 2.0.
- Silver Mountain Lift Maintenance rescues a lost goat and gives him a gondola ride.
- Here come the terminals for Palisades Tahoe’s base to base gondola.
Wow that’s fast for the base to base gondola! Last time I was there was earlier this month and they have just taken the chairs off of red dog
Webcam has a setting looking right at the site, what you see went up in 2-3 days.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Didn’t think they were going to remove Christie III this year. Guess I was wrong. Those inconsiderate jerks!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s not really a necessary lift anymore, now that guests will have three options as far as routes up:
* Steamboat Gondola to Thunderhead
* Wild Blue to Sunshine Peak (once stage II is built)
* Christie Peak Express to Thunderhead Express to Thunderhead
It does look like that based on documents posted on the 20th, that Vermont has denied all requests for a hearing. Although there is an appeal period to that decision. So approval might be a month away?
It looks like the permit was approved last night and issued today
Steamboat sounds like it will be completely different than my last visit in the 90’s